For Adolescent & youth Population of Rural Areas of Maharashtra
Pravara Medical Trust, Loni, in collaboration with Stina and Birgir Johanasson foundation, Linkoping, Sweden has started a project on HIV/AIDS & FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION for adolescent and youth population in 100 in the target area under Primary Health Centers Loni (Dadh), Kolhar, Rahata with the following objectives
Long Term Objectives
- To change the attitude and behavior of the adolescent and youth of the target area by promoting the responsible behavior and healthy practices in respect to sex and its related behavioral problems.
- To prevent and control spread of STD/HIV/AIDS in general and the target area In particular
- To assess the pre & post intervention knowledge of the youth In the villages and student community & teachers from high school, junior colleges of six Primary Health Centers, in Talukas Shrirampur, Sanganmer & Rahuri regarding sex, and sex related problems and behavior, especially those related to STD/HIV/AIDS
- To assess Knowledge, Attitude & Behavior (DAB) regarding sexuality & HIV/AIDS among adolescent and youth population in study & control areas.
- To involve community structure (Youth Club members – male & female, female health volunteers, anganwadis) in the villages in HIV/AIDS awareness programmes,
- To compare any changes in KAB in study & control areas.
- To orient Head Masters/ Principals of the schools and college about STD/HIV/AIDS,
- To train Nodal Teachers (NT) and Peer Student Communicators (PSC) from each school and college available training modules,
- To ‘profile information about Human reproductive biology relationship, sexual behavior personal skills and sexual health to school and colleges students by using NT & PSC,
- To educate students youths from high schools, junior colleges on basic facts about STD/HIV/AIDS using NT & PSCs.
- To educate non-school going youth through Community structure.To Know More about The Project Click Here